Friday, July 10, 2015

The Mighty Sea-Star-Crab-Fish!

Finally! I've completed the second drawing to my drawing challenge!  I apologize for the length of time it took to complete. I got really into the drawing, and the holiday weekend, and work... adulting can be hard.

Anyway, with these drawings I'm working towards more complete images, meaning I need to make a decent background, not just shadows and a horizon line. The last drawing had some clouds, and the basket and this drawing has a whole sea storm! Full of waves, lightning, and some simple clouds.

The two challenges were the offspring of 2 unlikely animals and something from the sea, so obviously I created a sea monster that seems to be a cross between a starfish and a crab. I think he's beautiful.


My Independence Day adventure was taking the motorcycle on a four hour road trip to see the most amazing fireworks show I've seen yet! The bike ride wasn't so bad since we stopped every hour or so to regain feeling in our posteriors and stretch our legs. We got to see my other half's beautiful goddaughters. I so wish we lived closer! Too bad I couldn't take my nice camera on the bike, otherwise I would have some pics on here to show off how lovely those girls are.

I have a deadline to reach today with some preliminary drawings, so wish me luck. Join me next time for an unfit means of travel combined with a favorite pet or animal!

No comments:

Post a Comment