Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Babies!

Sorry for the wait, I'm working on projects and being slow to get stuff uploaded. Here is some information about some stuff I did a while back.

My SO has two goddaughters, both born after we started dating (barely). The oldest will be four and the younger one will be a year old this year. For their births I drew each of them a little colored pencil animal to match the rest of their theme, considering some babies have themes. Anyway, goddaughter 1 loves giraffes, somehow they knew that before she was born.

So I drew and framed this for her! It's colored pencil and ink and 4x6 on heavy sketch paper.


When her little sister was born last year, her theme was elephants! Unfortunately, I was slow on getting the drawing finished and even slower on getting it to the family. It's really sad they live four hours away from us. 

Here's the elephant! It's also done in colored pencil and ink on heavy duty sketch paper and is 4x6.


Sorry for the image quality on these two. They are just pictures of the finished drawings on simple cameras, I never thought to scan them into my computer, but you get the gist. 

Another friend of mine had a little baby a handful of months ago and she lives up in Alaska! This baby loves her toy moose and since they were back in the lower 48 for a few weeks, I got to see them. Yay me! 

Here is her moose! Same as the previous; colored pencil and ink, heavy paper, give or take it's 4x6.  I blended the colors into the paper more on this one for a richer and brighter image. I also had the smarts to scan the finished drawing.


It's still not the best quality. I have a simple cheap-y scanner/printer, but it does its job well enough for my needs until I get rich. HA! 

When a friend or relative has a baby, some people make blankets, some people make stuffed animals or clothes, but I draw cute little animals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment