Thursday, July 2, 2015

Drawing Challenge: Level Medium

A few years ago I completed a thirty day drawing challenge that was fun and most of the drawings ended up really cute. This year I decided one challenge wasn't challenging enough. I've decided to combine two different drawing challenges into one drawing per two days. I'm changing it to two days per drawing to allow for more detail in my drawings, cuz I need the practice.  Here are the two challenges, hopefully big enough for you to read. I combine the corresponding days in a creative and (hopefully) humorous manner. The original creators of the challenges are in the photos, don't go thinking I came up with them on my own. That comes on challenge 30.



So the first challenge is a self portrait and someone or something experiencing flight. The result is a picture of a couple on a hot air balloon ride. To give credit where it's due, the drawing was first inspired by the book The Kraken King by Meljean Brook. It's a steampunk romance, so I was wary at first. Too much romance makes me want to vomit. I'm not a chick-flick kind of girl. It was mostly steampunk adventure with a little romance, so that was nice. I enjoyed the book and recommend it to others. (No, I wasn't paid to say that.) Anyway, I decided to call it a self-portrait because the female lead and I have similar features, (pale, not-stereotype-pretty, pointy features, small) so I thought close enough. 


Also, forgive the anatomy mistakes and poor man-drawing. This is the first male character I've drawn that didn't look like a morbid concoction of a two-year-old. So here it is, the first step to a medium level drawing challenge! 

Wish me luck. 

PS: If you think of a clever idea for one of the challenge combinations, don't be afraid to let me know! All ideas are helpful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment