Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Puppeteer

I was driving back to my place one night, just me and Kora, listening to some good 'ole rock music, when this image popped into my head. I told myself I should really create it, but my inability to draw hands may never cease.

I tried anyway. I tried to draw these hands for hours with not a single one looking anatomically correct. I gave in and photographed my hands in the position I wanted them and uploaded the photos to my computer. I then fixed them on the computer and printed them out the size I wanted them to be. After that, I traced the hands and did a little artsy magic to make the one female and the other male. 

Finally, they looked like I might have a little talent at drawing anatomically correct hands. (Which I still don't.)

I present, The Puppeteer in watercolor. 


I'm working on my next drawing challenge piece. I'm also hoping to get working on a big project for a special someone....

No comments:

Post a Comment